While we unfortunately will not be able to host a physical Takeover due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we will still be hosting a raffle, just a virtual one! We took a special approach this year in order to make sure the raffle will still have tons of great prizes even though many of our typical sponsors may not be able to donate as they have in the past. Check out the "Sponsor the Sponsors" page for more information about that initiative. The community really stepped up and not only were we able to support our amazing sponsors, we were also able to build up a pretty awesome raffle prize list! In addition to the prizes from that initiative, many of the sponsors are still donating items making this likely to be the biggest raffle pot yet!
The raffle will take place virtually over Zoom at 6pm EST on Aug 22. Zoom link forthcoming.
Here are some important details about this year's virtual raffle:
- Tickets are a $10 donation each, with all money going to the Shannon Christy and Live Like Maria Memorial Funds
- We are selling raffle tickets in advance of the event- you just need to paypal your donation to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You do not need to be virtually present to win, but we still hope you'll join us live! Those virtually present will get a choice of raffle prize based on the items left at the time their name is drawn. If you are not present a selection will be made for you.
- You will be responsible for collecting your prize (from with Bryson City or Asheville, NC)or the cost of shipping to you. There are some prizes (which I will note) that having shipping included and/or are digital/small that make for better options for those participating that are not local to Western NC.
- The event itself is free, but we do ask that you make a donation to the memorial funds through purchasing at least one raffle ticket (which should be easy to do with all these awesome prizes)!
The raffle is a fundraiser for two memorial funds that honor the memories of two amazing women from the southeast paddling community. The Shannon Christy Memorial Fund honor's Shannon's memory by supporting causes to empower and support women and girls in the outdoors and otherwise. The Live Like Maria Memorial Fund supports causes that were close to Maria’s heart, including paddling instruction and outdoor experiences for youth, river conservation and access, and empowering women in outdoor adventure pursuits. All money raised will be split between the two memorial funds, both of which are established at the Community Foundation of Western North Carolina.
2020 Event Raffle Prizes (More prizes being added daily!):
Raffle Items (more items being added daily!):
Dagger Kayaks Medium Rewind Boat!
Mind Body Paddle $400 Gift Certificate
Nantahala Outdoor Center $200 Gift Certificate
Nantahala Outdoor Center Paddling School- Two Day Clinic
H20 Dreams Gift certificate for one day Green River Instruction and (2) $75 gift certificates towards any H20 Dreams Instruction
Pucon Kayak Retreat- (2) $400 Vouchers
French Broad River Academy Special Edition Astral YTV PFD
Endless Bike Company Two Hour Private Instruction for one
Endless Bike Company Two Hour Private Instruction for two
Lake Lanier Lake House (Sleeps 8)- Two Night Stay (Donated by Cissy Fowler)
Kate Furman Jewelry Necklaces x2
The Gorge Zipline Two Pairs of Gift Certificates to Zip
Green River Adventures $100 Gift Certificate
Tomboy Organic Skincare Co. Salve, Lip Balm, and Moisturizer
Mountain Khakis $50 Gift Certificate
Eno Hammock purchased from Bryson City Outdoors
Rob Giersch Photography Private Photo Shoot x2
Calleva's Liquid Adventures 4hr Private Instruction with Tara Blair
Title Nine $50 Gift Certificate
Saluda Outfitters $30 Gift Certificate
Chad Blotner Photography and Gallery Framed Group Picture from 2019 Takeover
A Cut Above Dog Grooming- Mobile Dog Grooming Appointment
William Whitmore "You are Beautiful" Coasters
"Amazon Woman" Book x4